Now Hiring
Career Pilot Training
Airplane . Helicopter
Private - Commercial - Flight Instructor 中 文
International Student Enrollment

Mazzei Flying Services is authorized under Federal law to enroll non-immigrant alien students. The appropriate visa for vocational flight training is the M-1 student visa. The M-1 visa can be issued for a maximum of 12 months. If you are a foreign national requesting enrollment, please do the following:

  1. Complete the Application for Enrollment and forward to Mazzei Flying Service.
  2. You may also apply ONLINE using our secure server
  3. Pay an initial enrollment deposit of $500. Your payment may be by bank check, wire transfer, or paypal:
  4. The enrollment deposit reserves your place in the school and is refundable less a $50.00 administrative fee should you decide not to attend.
  5. You must obtain an FAA medical examination for the class of medical appropriate to the pilot certificate you are seeking before leaving your country. A list of FAA Medical Examiners for your area can be obtained by contacting the nearest FAA Office in your country or the following website: If you have any difficulty in locating an Examiner, please advise and we will be happy to forward a list of doctors for your area. The cost of the exam is not included in the course price.
  6. Submit either a photocopy of your birth certificate (registration of birth) or passport.
  7. Submit official verification of financial ability to meet educational expenses. Verification must include sources of funds and amounts in U.S. dollars certified by bank official, date and name and address of bank.
  8. You must be able to read, speak and understand English. If you have any concerns regarding your English ability, please phone our school. We will be happy to assist in determining your English ability. Experience has shown that most foreign nationals have adequate English skills for flight training. If you have a basic knowledge of English, but question your conversational ability, do not be too concerned. Your conversational ability should improve quickly during flight training.
  9. A minimum level of education is required for issuance of an M-1 visa. If you do not have at least the equivalent of 12 years of basic education, you should phone our school for an informal interview, so we can help you determine your ability to benefit from flight training.
  10. You must be cleared for flight training in the U.S. by the Transportation Security Administration under the Department of Homeland Security. Please follow the instructions for the Alien Flight Student Program at the following Web site:
  11. Confirmation of Enrollment and Visa Issuance

    When your Application for Enrollment has been accepted, a letter of confirmation will be mailed to you. The letter will confirm your course enrollment, start date, and special housing arrangements if requested. Any estimate of course credit will be based upon the flight information you provide in your Application for Enrollment, so please give us complete and accurate information of any previous flight experience you may have. If you are applying for a visa, included with your confirmation letter will be your form I-20M for the M-1 Student visa. You will need to take your passport and visa form to your nearest American Embassy or U.S. Consulate Office for issuance of your visa.

    International Student Visa

    Mazzei Flying Service is authorized under Federal law to enroll non-immigrant alien students. The appropriate visa for vocational flight students is the M-1 visa. The M-1 visa can be issued for a maximum period of 12 months.

    English Language

    The ability to read, speak, and understand English is necessary for the successful completion of an FAA flight training course.

    Foreign License Conversion

    A “Restricted” FAA Private Pilot Certificate can be issued to students on the basis of their foreign pilot license. A person who is applying for a U.S. pilot certificate/rating on the basis of a foreign license must go through an authentication process at least 60 days before arriving at the designated FAA Flight Standards District Office (FSDO) where the applicant expects to receive the U.S. pilot certificate. To authenticate your status and pilot license, you will need to complete the

    Verification of Authenticity of Foreign License, Rating and Medical certification form from the FAA website.

    The applicant must send the completed form and appropriate documents to the FAA’s Airman’s Certification Branch AFS-760, P.O. Box 25082, Oklahoma City, OK, 73125. AFS-760’s FAX number is (405) 954-4105. At this time, the pre-application documents cannot be sent electronically.

    The Airman Certification Branch will then verify the authenticity of the applicant’s foreign pilot license and medical license with the foreign civil aviation authority and issue a verification of authenticity letter to the designated FSDO, and a copy to the applicant. The applicant must then complete the form 8710-1 and call the FSDO listed on the authenticity letter to make an appointment to come to the office with the required documents and complete the process.

    This license conversion enables a foreign national pilot to rent aircraft in the U.S. or take advance flight training without having to take the FAA private pilot written and practical test. The FAA certificate will carry the notation that it was issued on the basis of your foreign pilot license and that all restrictions on your foreign license apply.

Airplane Courses
Career Airplane Packages
Individual Airplane Courses
Helicopter Courses
Career Helicopter Packages
Individual Helicopter Courses
Indonesia Students: Winstar Aviation
Special Taiwan CPL Package